Broken and Beautiful Deluxe Edition
Regular price $29.99
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Limited Deluxe EditionThis singular edition of Broken and Beautiful is only available to Kickstarter backers, through retail stores that backed the Kickstarter campaign, and here on our website or at conventions we attend.
- A hefty, minted metal teapot coin replaces the Standard Edition's wooden disc.
- Metal ingots replace the Standard Edition's wooden ingot resource markers.
Perfection in Imperfection
Kintsugi is the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with golden lacquer. Kintsugi artisans honor broken objects' histories with stunning repairs rather than throwing them away.
- Draft cards like bowls, cups, vases, and tea jars to create high-scoring sets.
- Different types of pottery score differently, with non-pottery cards adding even more texture to gameplay.
- Some pieces inevitably break — and players can influence which ones.
- Broken pottery is worthless, but players can use gold to repair their shattered collections, and when they do, their value grows greater than when they were brand new.
- “Card drafting and set collection… [that’s] more gorgeous than Sushi Go and also more strategic.” —Grant's Game Recs
- “Broken and Beautiful: I love it.” —Dani Standing
- “Much more interactive than most set collection games… I think that [fixing pottery is] just a super-clever bit of strategy.” —The Hungry Gamer
- “The artwork is fantastic in this game.… A really solid card drafting game.” —Jordan Plays Blue
- “If you are looking for a set collection game that is both beautiful and strategic… then definitely check out Broken and Beautiful.” —Board Games in a Minute
- All Aboard Gamer Silver Cog Award
Card Drafting, Set Collection, Pitch-Perfect Theming
- Players choose two cards each turn, drafting once in each direction.
- The cards chosen both assemble scoring sets and cleverly influence which types of pottery will break.
- The game mechanics encapsulate the kintsugi philosophy, showing how the best game mechanics emerge from singular themes.
- 50 poker-sized playing cards
- 14 metal ingot-shaped gold markers
- Minted metal teapot coin first player marker
- Complete rules of play
Creative Team: Designed by Patrick Rauland, with illustrations by Shirley Gong and graphic design by Peter Wocken. Developed and produced by Jeff Tidball.
2–4 Players | 15 Minutes | Ages 12+
Regular Price: $29.99 US
Stock Number: LJS610
UPC Number: 655364931905
Size: 4" × 7.625" × 1.5"
Weight: 12 oz
If you believe that the most compelling gameplay arises from the most singular themes, and you love to collect and play premium editions of your favorite games, Broken and Beautiful's Deluxe Edition is just for you.